The Matt Besser Interview: Part One
I recently had the huge honor of interviewing Matt Besser (Upright Citizens Brigade, Improv4Humans, Freakdance) and we just talked strictly improv. I highly recommend checking out his interviews on Improv Obsession and Improvinterviews.com, as I do skip past a lot of “basics” and try to find his opinions on a few more esoteric, specific things.
So without further ado, here it is: part one of my interview with Matt Besser, in which we discuss what he learned from writing the UCB book, playing characters, and what it means to be a selfish improvisor.
Sean London: So one of the things you were talking about was that writing the UCB book gave you new insight into improv. Was there anything where you thought about it and learned something new, or changed the way you played and thought, “Oh, I was doing this wrong.”?
Between Perlstein’s podcast and Sean’s interview, improv nerds have gotten a lot of insidery shop talk straight from Matt Besser’s mouth lately, and it’s basically the best thing that’s ever happened.
- stephcheng likes this
- adhesivemustache likes this
- dlboylan likes this
- maxsitt likes this
- yesiamanamishdancer likes this
- ninakristina likes this
- shortmikeshort likes this
- improvblog reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- jeunevieve likes this
- chrisreblogs likes this
- twochinsinhollywood likes this
- askaboutmylazyeye reblogged this from downrightupright
- margoret likes this
- joxmacd reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- aleeksandra118 likes this
- paulciampanelli reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- sabrinalondon reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- alamedavintage likes this
- improvobsession reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- downrightupright posted this